Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member of national Association of Plastic, reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons in BiH (UPREKBiH), Member of BAPRAS and ESPRAS.
- Amela Karabeg was born in 1968 in Sarajevo where she completed elementary school and the First High School
- 1987 she was admitted to the Faculty of Medicine in Sarajevo, which she completed in March 1993.
- In March 1993, she was employed by the Clinic for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Clinic Centre in Sarajevo.
- In October 1994- she became a resident in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- From May to November 1996, she spent six months of her specialization in the Netherlands at the Academy Hospital in Utrecht.
In May 1999 she completed her specialization and became the first woman specialist in BiH and the third specialist of the new generation in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery in BiH.
- She attended her postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Medicine in Sarajevo from 2001 to 2003, and completed the studies with the grade point average of 10.
- Member of Organising Committee of the First Conference of Plastic, Reconstructive and Maxillofacial Surgeons in BiH with international participation held in Sarajevo in September 2003.
- She worked at the University Clinic Center in Sarajevo from 1993 to 2004.
- 2004-2006 she worked at the private practice as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon
- In January 2006 she was a founder and Director of the Karabeg Private Surgical Policlinic whose the main activity was aesthetic surgery. She has been performing the same function to date.
- 2005 she became a member of ISAPS.
- 2011 she was awarded a title of Primarius by the Ministry of Health of the Federation BiH for exceptional professional results.
- In September 2011 she was Member of Organising Committee of the 7th Balkans Conference of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons held in Sarajevo (with participation of 220 plastic and reconstructive surgeons from six continents).
- In September 2014 she was member of Organising Committee of the 1st Eurasian Conference on Melanoma and Skin Cancers held in Sarajevo.
- In December 2014 the book Basics of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery was published by the Faculty of Medicine of the Sarajevo University, where Primarius Dr Amela Karabeg was author of 2 chapters. Apart from Professor Reuf Karabeg, another 22 most prominent experts from Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, BiH and USA co-authored the book. The book was the first textbook for students of medicine and dental medicine, and reference book for residents in related fields.
- Continuous professional development at conferences and clinics (Utrecht, the Netherlands, 6 months in 1996, and with the world famous expert in aesthetic surgery, Prof. Per Hedena in Stockholm in Sweden 2013, etc.).
- She has published and presented over 30 papers in referenced journals and conferences.